Businesses get the best results when their employees are happy, engaged and treated well. This means it’s a good idea to make sure you are meeting all your legal requirements around employment matters. It’s also important to manage any change as a result of COVID-19 appropriately. Right now we’re offering FREE resources to help you, and a free confidential Workplace Compliance Audit to give you assurance you are doing the right thing. You’ll get a Retail NZ Good Employers Tick, once you pass the audit!
Free Workplace Compliance Audits
Retail NZ is here to help you do the right thing. For a limited time, we are offering a FREE confidential service, to help you ensure that you are complying with New Zealand’s employment law.
Free advice and e-learning resources
Understanding Mental Health and Wellbeing During COVID-19
With this course, you can understand more about mental health and how to talk about it. Helping employees manage stress and mental health issues resulting from COVID-19 is a high priority. You will learn:
- what New Zealand law requires employers and employees to do, and what a psychologically safe retail workplace is.
- what wellbeing means and how to spot and deal with mental distress.
- how to start and continue a mental health conversation, be supportive and acknowledge, validate and normalise the chat.
- what to do if you are concerned for someone’s safety, and the boundaries to consider.
- how to accommodate those with mental distress and plan to find solutions together.
Employment Law and Managing Change
This course for business owners will help you understand what good employment practices are and what your staff need. You will learn:
- what the minimum employment standards are, and the documents required.
- NZ employment advice on how to educate your employees about their rights.
- about fair processes for managing change in your business as a result of COVID-19.
- If you’re employing people in New Zealand, you need to understand the minimum terms and conditions that you must offer. These rules apply whether you’re employing New Zealanders or migrant workers.
If you have any questions about these Good Employer courses, please get in touch with our Advice Service at [email protected] or phone 0800 472 472 (1800 128 086 from Australia).
You can also learn more about New Zealand’s recent employment law changes.