Retail NZ’s 2023 Board elections are coming up! The nominations are not closed, voting to start from Wednesday, 2 August 2023.
The Retail NZ Board represents members and encompasses a broad spectrum of attributes, cultural backgrounds, professional and life experiences, to make sure that the organisation is doing a great job delivering for members.
Our purpose is to help retailers succeed and strengthen NZ inc.
The Retail NZ Board consists of nine volunteer members (expenses are paid), elected by the members to serve a two-year term, supported by the Chief Executive and Retail NZ staff. The Board usually meets five times a year (twice in person, three times by videoconference).
Any authorised representative of a paid-up Retail NZ member is eligible to stand for election. Board members are expected to have:
- ability to make sound business decisions and recommendations
- an entrepreneurial talent
- the ability to see the wider picture
- the ability to ask the hard questions
- strong retail experience
- high ethical standards, sound practical sense, and a total commitment to furthering the interests of members and the achievement of Retail NZ’s goals
- core skills related to finance, communications, legal, marketing, small business ownership, e-commerce, HR/ people capability are also desirable.
The Board recognises the diversity of New Zealand’s retail sector, and has recently set targets to improve the Board’s diversity. The Board particularly encourages nominations from:
- Māori, Pasifika and Asian members.
- members aged under 30; and
- regional North Island and South Island members.
2023 Board elections timeline
- 26 July 2022 – Nominations close
- 2 August 2022 – Voting starts
- 16 August 2022 – Voting closes
- 17 August 2022 – Results announced
- 31 August – Annual General Meeting.
You can view the Annual Report and financial accounts here.
If you have questions or feedback on the Board elections please get in touch.