When setting up my Google Search Console, how do I verify the ownership of my website?
To verify ownership of your whole website, type your website homepage address into the “Domain” section of the set up page, and follow the step by step instructions from Google. You can also watch a video guide here.
How do I know whether my SEO words are working?
Here are a couple of ways to get you started:
- Set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based) goals, and tracking your website’s organic traffic performance. See if your SEO changes are making a difference over a week, a month, half a year and so on.
- Also, keep your eye on keyword rankings with Google Analytics.
How do I redirect pages?
Website redirection is redirecting the traffic from one webpage to another, so that your customers can still land on an active page to find what they’re looking for, even when they click on an old inactive URL link. Website platforms like Shopify and WordPress have apps and plugins to make this easy for you.
How do I create an omnichannel retail experience?
This topic could be a whole webinar! The core of omnichannel retailing is to put your customer experience first, and create seamless transitions between all your customer touchpoints. Here are some quick tips:
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly. For an intro on this, check out our webinar Ecommerce for Retail: Navigation.
- In the Acquisition section of Google Analytics, you can see where your audience is coming from, to get to your website. You can also see in Google Analytics what devices they use, and what digital platforms they frequent.
- Make your main customer touch points shoppable, and harness platforms like Facebook Shop and Instagram Shop.
- Engage with your customers across channels, and cross promote between channels – for example, promote your social media channels in your bricks and mortar store.
XML is a a type of language, like HTML. An XML file is essentially a plain text file that can describe the structure of data. Great for storing sitemaps!
If you have any questions or feedback about the webinar, please get in touch on 0800 472 472 (Australia free phone 1800 128 086) or email [email protected].
Take a look at ‘Retail Webinars’, for more content designed especially for your retail business.