Who are we?
In March 1987, The New Zealand Sports Industry Association Inc. (NZSIA) was formed by merging the NZ Sports Dealers Federation and the NZ Sports Goods Industries Association to help strengthen and integrate the activities of members involved in the sports trade industry.
In April 2007 the organisation became a specialty trade group within Retail New Zealand Inc. An Executive Committee meets regularly to discuss issues and, where necessary, provides an 'Industry Voice' to government, media, local and international organisations on behalf of its manufacturing, wholesaling, supplying and retailing members.
In 2015 the NZSIA adopted a new logo and name to better reflect the wider membership and is now known as The New Zealand Sporting Goods Association (NZSGA).
- Promote the sale of sporting, leisure and recreational equipment and services
- Encourage New Zealanders to take a more active part in sport and recreation
- Educate and assist our members to operate effective, profitable and successful businesses
- Influence Government and other legislative bodies on issues in the best interests of the industry
- Develop and maintain benefits and services for all sectors of our membership
- Maintain an organisation structure that addresses the expectations and the needs of industry
How can I join?
Membership is open to any New Zealand based company, or international company represented in New Zealand, involved in the manufacture, wholesale, distribution or supply and retail of sporting and leisure goods in New Zealand. Membership is by approval of application to the NZSGA Executive Committee and by payment of an annual subscription fee to RetailNZ.
To enquire about an NZSGA membership, you can reach us by email or phone:
P: 0800 472 472