9 September 2021
Getting ahead of the curve
A couple of decades ago, 19 year old Yolanda Bartram arrived in New Zealand from the Netherlands. She and her sister Myrthe revolutionised the local body painting scene, with their family business run from Morningside, Auckland.
In this 18 minute episode, Yolanda talks about:
- The importance of being on the cutting edge of tech trends.
- How to target different markets with email marketing.
- The freedom to turn work around quickly by producing body paint products in-house.
- BODYFX’s point of difference – it’s made by artists for artists.
- How to harness the power of social media marketing.
“Looking back there’s always so many things you’re like “Why didn’t we do that then? Why didn’t we jump in faster or sooner?”
I think if we had tackled into our ecommerce earlier on, instead of thinking “that’s kind of fun”, really jumped into it straightaway, we could have been a lot bigger already.
Social media platforms are actually not “just for the kids”, it will trickle down to everybody.“Yolanda Bartram, BODYFX
Watch Episode 6
Proudly supported by
The team at Retail NZ are bringing you future-focused insights and practical advice. The best thing you can do for your business is improve and upskill.
How-To Retail episodes come out regularly, and we explore the great stories of great retailers. It’s clear that the people we interview have the keys to success.
We love hearing about how people build their businesses from scratch, and sell what they love.